CORE NEWS FACTS
• JustAnswer, the largest paid Q&A site, is now offering Live Chat for customers who want real-time help from verified
Doctors, Mechanics, Veterinarians, Computer Technicians and other Experts.
• With the real-time capabilities of the Live Chat feature, customers can now have on-demand access to Experts.
• Live Chat is now available in over 80 countries, across more than 100 JustAnswer categories to provide customers with a
new way to access answers from thousands of Experts.
• Early tests have revealed that customers prefer the instantaneous and comprehensive experience of chat sessions
compared to the slower back and forth of the Q&A thread.
• Live Chat has had early success with some of the most popular categories on the site including Home Improvement,
Electronics, Computer and Car.
• Live Chat is enabled once an Expert responds via the instant message window so that the Expert is able to answer
additional follow-up questions and information requests in real-time.
• The feature is available throughout the conversation until the customer is satisfied with the Expert’s answer.
KEY CUSTOMER BENEFITS
• Get on-demand access to any Expert including a Doctor, Mechanic, Veterinarian, Computer Technician and more.
• Added layer of convenience with near instant Expert response available 24/7.
• Easy instant message format that most are already familiar with.
• A higher level of immediate gratification, which is especially important with Health, Car and Electronic questions since
some questions are best answered in real-time.
• Ability to quickly understand the customer’s question by asking for clarifying details to help get the customer the best
answer almost instantaneously.
• The situation: A customer recently replaced a gasket on his ’98 Ford Mustang but now the car idles rough. He needs help
from a mechanic on whether or not this could be the O2 sensor or something else so he can continue driving his car.
• The solution: Ron, expert Ford Mechanic on JustAnswer, was able to work with the customer quickly to help find what
might cause the idling. After referencing a diagram and receiving more information, he recommended the customer
recheck his spark plug. The customer was able to fix the rough idle without having to pay a
mechanic hundreds of dollars.
• To see an example of the full question and answer, please visit JustAnswer’s Live Chat.
PRE-APPROVED QUOTES FROM JUSTANSWER CEO ANDY KURTZIG
• “Live Chat was created for time-strapped people who don’t have the opportunity to sift through pages of information
looking for answers. Today’s customer expects instant help available to them in real-time, so JustAnswer is committed to
providing a platform that allows for that access to our customers.”
• “When testing Live Chat, we found that many of the customers preferred the real-time access to Experts – especially in
situations where they wanted information immediately.”
• “Questions average around $18, which is really an insignificant fee considering the one-on-one interaction with a real
Accountant, Doctor, Lawyer, Veterinarian or one of many other verified Experts.”
• JustAnswer is a website where people go when they want an answer from a Doctor, Lawyer, Mechanic or one of
thousands of third-party verified Experts one-on-one.
• Millions with questions come to the site for affordable and fast answers in more than 150 categories, ranging from
Medical to Legal.
• Typically questions cost about $18 and take 10 minutes to get responded to.
• JustAnswer has millions of registered users across more than 145 countries.
• Follow us on Twitter and on Facebook.
• View a Live Chat video from JustAnswer's product team on YouTube.